Friday, April 24, 2009

Mommy is very tired

It doesn't matter how cute they are, or how much you love them, when you have been cleaning up various bodily fluids for nearly 2 weeks, you get REALLY tired. Being a mom is about 97% loving them with all your being and 3% (maybe 5% this week) cleaning up bodily fluids. Sarah Grace is on the mend now, but Sam began throwing up last night. He has complained about a belly ache this week, but being the super Mom I am, "no fever, go to school", he has gone to school. Yesterday, he almost talked me into letting him stay home, but "no fever" won out. When he came home, he ate a LOT of pizza for dinner......and we just had the carpets cleaned last week. You can guess what I was dealing with, of course, right as I was about to drift off to sleep.

Greg got booted to Sam's bed, which had to be totally stripped and re-made. This morning, before 8 a.m., I am mopping, cleaning carpets, and working on laundry.

I was supposed to go on a date with my husband tonight. That is NOT happening. **sigh** Instead, when he comes home, I will be looking VERY un-dateable (I know this is not a word), and likely still in my bathrobe. One word you cannot attach to motherhood is glamorous!

1 comment:

  1. Drew was up almost the entire night on Wednesday night. He rounded out yesterday by peeing on the rug in the bathroom in the 10 seconds he was undiapered before putting him in the tub.

    At least I didn't have to drain the tub, I guess.

    I hope they are on the mend soon :( It's too pretty outside to be sick inside.

    ReplyDelete