Monday, April 20, 2009

Food and Family


These are my 2 loves...food and family. This was my first annual Super Bowl Paella. Greg loves to take pictures of our favorite dishes, and I have to say my paella is really good. Cooking is one of my greatest passions. It is great therapy to me to spend time in the kitchen cooking for/with my family. I love to try new recipes and my current favorite cooking mag. is Everyday with Rachel Ray (that is not where I got this recipe). I also adore watching Food Network--probably could do this for an entire day (have never had this opportunity). I spend time on foodnetwork.com, too. I'm not sure what this says about me, but chopping is one of my favorite things. Some people find this very tedious, but I find it heavenly. If you have any chopping jobs you need help with, I am your girl! My other favorite thing to do with food, is to find a creative way to use my leftovers. This is one reason why I love to make soups. I can make a soup with just about anything (and no recipe). I made a crab bisque this weekend with leftover crab meat and leftover asparagus and spicy rice from another meal. It was a masterpiece if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment