Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good News!!!




On Friday, May 29, we received the most wonderful news. My Dad, who has been battling Hodgkin's Disease the past year, had a clean PET scan!! The doctors said he will not need to come back for 6 months. I did not stop smiling all day. It was a day when my face hurt from smiling so much. This had been weighing heavily on our hearts, and we had to wait nearly 2 weeks to receive the news, but was it ever worth the wait! These are some pictures from Sarah Grace's b-day party of Dad with the children. These pics. are very special to me because Dad has not been able to be hands on with the children this year, mostly because of fear of germs. Seeing Dad with the children again and enjoying their time together is sososo special to us. My Dad (and Mom) have been warriors this past year. Besides Dad's health issues, we have had many other family issues to deal with this year. They have stayed strong and optimistic through all of this and I feel our good news is the big pay off! My parents are a shining example to all of a couple who have stood by each other through everything. They are such an inspiration to me. Congratulations Dad on such wonderful news. You are a survivor and I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo very happy to hear this Amy! I will get with you on fabric for your apron:)

    ReplyDelete